Vegetables You Can Plant Now In Georgia
Georgia has a relatively mild winter, making it possible to grow vegetables even during this season. With proper planning and preparation, you can enjoy home-grown fresh vegetables all year round. So, what vegetables can you plant now in Georgia?
Early Spring Veggies
Early spring vegetables that can be planted right now in Georgia include:
- Leafy greens: Spinach, lettuce, and kale are all great options for planting this time of year.
- Herbs: Start planting your herbs now, such as basil, oregano, thyme and parsley.
- Root vegetables: Radish, turnip, and onion are all early-season veggies that can be planted in the spring.
Mid Spring Veggies
By mid-spring, the ground should be warm enough to start planting the following veggies:
- Tomatoes: Tomatoes can be planted as early as mid-spring in Georgia.
- Peppers: Plant both sweet and hot peppers in your garden.
- Beans: Green beans, snap beans, and lima beans are all good choices for planting in mid-spring.
Late Spring Veggies
In the later part of spring, you can plant vegetables such as:
- Squash: Choose from different varieties of squash, like zucchini, summer, and butternut squash.
- Cucumbers: Plant these popular vegetables in your garden for added flavor and crunch.
- Cabbage: Start planting cabbage now for a summer and fall harvest.
Now that you know which veggies you can plant now in Georgia, it’s time to start planning your garden. Happy planting!