What vegetables can pigs eat?
Pigs are omnivorous animals, and they can eat almost any type of vegetables if you want to foster your pet pig’s wellbeing.
Vegetables Pigs Should Eat
The following vegetables should be included on a regular basis in humans and pigs’ diet, both for their nutritional benefits and the health of your pet:
- Fruits: Apples, bananas, melons, oranges, grapes, pears, strawberries, blueberries, raspberries, etc.
- Tuber vegetables: Potatoes, carrots, kale, spinach, squash, yams, sweet potatoes, turnips, etc.
- Brassica vegetables: Broccoli, cauliflower, cabbage, Brussels sprouts, etc.
- Legumes: Peas, beans, lentils, chickpeas, etc.
- Starchy vegetables: Corn, onions, garlic, celery, artichokes, etc.
Vegetables Pigs Should Avoid
There are some vegetables that you should avoid feeding your pet, as they can make them sick:
- Leafy greens: Lettuce, spinach, cabbage, etc.
- Nightshades: Tomatoes, potatoes, peppers, etc.
- Grains: Rice, wheat, barley, oats, corn, etc.
- Fried vegetables: French fries, potato chips, etc.
- Spicy vegetables: Chile peppers, hot peppers, etc.
When feeding your pet pigs, always remember that moderation is essential. Even if your pig has access to unlimited vegetables, it’s important to ensure that they don’t overeat. Too much can cause health problems for your pet.