What Vegetables can you Eat on Optavia?
Optavia is a diet plan that is gaining in popularity. It focuses on low-carb, low-fat and high-protein meals eating frequent small meals throughout the day. So, what vegetables can you eat on Optavia?
Nutritious Veggies to Eat
All vegetables are allowed on Optavia, but some of the most nutritious include:
- Spinach: high in vitamins A, C, and K, and contains manganese, iron, magnesium, and potassium
- Carrots: a great source of fiber and vitamins A, K, and B6
- Broccoli: contains vitamin K, iron, potassium, calcium, and magnesium
- Mushrooms: contain fiber, vitamin C, certain B vitamins, and selenium
- Bell peppers: also contain fiber, as well as vitamins A, C, and B6
- Tomatoes: packed with vitamins, as well as lycopene, an antioxidant shown to reduce inflammation and the risk of certain cancers
Other Veggies to Eat on Optavia
The list of vegetables you can include in your Optavia meal plan doesn’t end there. Other vegetables that are good choices include:
- Green beans
- Brussels sprouts
- Sweet potatoes
When it comes to adding vegetables to your Optavia meal plan, the more variety the better. Eating a variety of veggies will give you a greater range of nutrients and help you stay on track to reach your health goals.