What Vegetables Can You Eat On Optavia?
Optavia is a popular nutrition and health program that emphasizes making smart, healthy food choices. While the plan focuses on eating foods that are rich in nutrients, it also includes some fantastic vegetables. Eating your veggies is a key part of any healthy diet, so here’s a look at some of the best vegetables that you can incorporate into your Optavia diet.
Leafy greens are extremely nutrient-dense and are packed with powerful antioxidants and other healthy compounds that can help protect your body. Some of the best leafy greens for Optavia followers include:
- Spinach: spinach is one of the most nutrient-dense vegetables and is rich in manganese, Vitamin K and folate.
- Kale: kale is an excellent source of Vitamin C, Vitamin A, and calcium.
- Swiss Chard: Swiss chard is high in fiber, Vitamin K and Vitamin A.
- Romaine lettuce: romaine lettuce is a good source of fiber, Vitamin C and Vitamin K.
Cruciferous vegetables are a great choice for Optavia followers because they are rich in nutrients and offer many health benefits. Some of the best cruciferous veggies for Optavia include:
- Broccoli: broccoli is an excellent source of Vitamin C, Vitamin K and folate.
- Cauliflower: cauliflower is packed with Vitamin C and is a good source of fiber.
- Brussels Sprouts: Brussels sprouts are high in Vitamin C, Vitamin K and fiber.
- Kohlrabi: kohlrabi is a good source of Vitamin C and fiber.
Root vegetables are a great source of fiber, vitamins, and minerals and can be a great addition to any Optavia meal plan. Some tasty root veggies for Optavia followers include:
- Carrots: carrots are a good source of Vitamin A, Vitamin C and potassium.
- Beets: beets are high in folate, Vitamin C and potassium.
- Turnips: turnips are packed with Vitamin C, fiber and calcium.
- Parsnips: parsnips are a good source of fiber, Vitamin C and potassium.
Vegetables are incredibly important for any diet, and Optavia is no exception. Eating plenty of leafy greens, cruciferous veggies and root vegetables is a great way to ensure that you get the nutrients you need to stay healthy. So don’t forget to add these power-packed veggies to your meals and reap their amazing health benefits!