Vegetables You Can Plant In February
If you’re looking to get a head start on your garden this year, February is the perfect time to begin planting! Here is a list of vegetables you can plant this month:
Cool Weather Crops
- Broccoli: Start your broccoli seeds indoors in the middle of February for a spring harvest.
- Arugula: Plant these seeds directly into the ground for a tasty spring salad crop.
- Kale: Look for transplants at your local nursery and keep in your garden through the winter for a long-term crop.
- Spinach: Plant spinach seeds now for a spring harvest or wait until late in the month for a summer crop.
Warm Weather Crops
- Tomatoes: Plant your tomatoes indoors early in the month and move the plants outside when the temperatures warm up.
- Cucumbers: Plant these seeds indoors at the end of the month to get an early start on a summer crop.
- Squash: Plant squash seeds directly in the ground outside at the end of the month for a summer harvest.
- Peppers: Start your pepper seeds indoors in February for a late-spring or early-summer harvest.
No matter what vegetables you choose to plant, you should be sure to take the proper precautions to ensure a successful harvest. Be sure to rotate your crops and keep the soil watered and fertilized to ensure a bountiful harvest.