Vegetables are an excellent addition to any barbeque or grilling session. In addition to these traditional cooking techniques, vegetables can also be smoked to add flavour and complexity. Smoking vegetables provides a unique, smoky depth and aroma that can’t be achieved by any other cooking method.
Which Vegetables Can You Smoke?
When it comes to smoking vegetables, the sky is the limit! Any vegetable that you can roast or grill can also be smoked. The most popular vegetables for smoking are listed here:
- Bell peppers
Smoking vegetables can take some practice and experimentation to get right, since all vegetables have different attributes and cook at different temperatures. Vegetables can be smoked with any type of wood, but lighter woods like cherry, apple and alder are more popular for smoking vegetables.
Tips For Smoking Vegetables
Here are a few tips to get you started smoking vegetables:
- Cut the vegetables into uniform pieces to ensure even cooking.
- Pre-cook the vegetables before smoking if you prefer a softer texture.
- Experiment with different woods and flavour combinations.
- Use a light smoking temperature of 230°F for vegetables.
- Be careful not to overcook the vegetables.
- Use freshly charred wood chips for best results.
Smoking vegetables can quickly become an easy and delicious way to prepare and enjoy your veggies. Give it a try and you’ll be sure to love the tasty results.