Accompaniments to Beef Stew
Beef stew is one of the most classic and satisfying dishes out there. A combination of beef, liquid, and vegetables creates an incredibly flavorful and hearty meal. While beef stew tastes amazing as it is, it can be even better paired with a few complementary vegetable sides.
Suggested Vegetable Accompaniments
The following vegetables pair perfectly with beef stew:
- Carrots – Carrots add a bit of sweetness and bring a beautiful orange hue to the plate, making the meal even more inviting at a glance.
- Green Beans – The fresh green flavor of green beans is a fantastic juxtaposition to a heavy beef stew. It can also extend the servings if you’re on a budget.
- Potatoes – Potatoes are one of the most common companions for stew, and for good reason. They absorb the stew’s flavor while providing a filling accompaniment.
- Corn – The sweetness of corn helps cut the richness of the stew, creating an interesting flavor balance that adds variety to the meal.
- Kale – Kale adds a sharp flavor and healthy texture. It’s perfect for adding a bit of crunch to the soft stew.
When preparing these vegetables, you can cook them in a pan on the stove for a separate side, or add them to the stew for a one-pot meal. Try a combination of the vegetables listed above or experiment with your own favorites.
Beef stew and its accompanying vegetables will forever be a classic combination. Together, this dish forms the heartiest and most flavorful of meals. Next time you fire up the stove for some beef stew, make sure to give these vegetables a try. You won’t regret it.