What Vegetables Go With Chicken Shawarma?
When it comes to delicious and flavorful dishes, chicken shawarma is one of the most popular choices. Made with thinly sliced pieces of chicken, this Middle Eastern dish can be served in a variety of ways, making it perfect for any meal. In order to complement and enhance the flavor of the chicken shawarma, it is a good idea to combine it with some fresh vegetables.
Top Vegetables to Serve With Chicken Shawarma
Here are some of the best vegetables that go perfectly with chicken shawarma:
- Tomatoes: Fresh, juicy tomatoes perfectly counterbalance the strong flavor of chicken shawarma. Tomatoes can be chopped or diced and added to the serving plate or stuffed within a pita to make a flavorful wrap.
- Cucumbers: Crisp and flavorful cucumbers, thinly sliced or diced, are the perfect addition to chicken shawarma. The cool, crunchy texture pairs well with the warm tender slices of chicken.
- Bell Peppers: Bell peppers come in a rainbow of colors, from red and yellow to green and orange. Dice or julienne peppers and use in a wrap, toss into salads, or simply serve them raw on the side of chicken shawarma.
- Lettuce: Using lettuce or other leafy greens in wraps or salads is a simple and healthy way to add flavor to chicken shawarma. Choose tender butter, Boston, or Romaine lettuces to create a crunchy and flavorful accompaniment.
- Mushrooms: Rich and meaty mushrooms are a great way to pump up the flavor of chicken shawarma. Mushrooms can be cooked or served raw, depending on the desired texture.
When it comes to choosing vegetables to pair with chicken shawarma, the options are endless. Consider adding chopped olives, garlic, onions, and jalapenos to your wraps or salads for a burst of flavor. With these few simple ingredients, you can create flavorful and delicious meals your entire family will enjoy.