Vegetables that Go Great with Orange Chicken
Orange chicken is a beloved Chinese restaurant staple and can be made quickly and easily at home. If you’re looking for some ideas on the perfect side dishes to pair with your orange chicken, read on!
Green vegetables are a perfect accompaniment for orange chicken. Try these options:
- Sautéed Spinach – Easily keep veggies on the side without them getting lost in orange chicken’s flavor.
- Roasted Broccoli – Deliciously crunchy and full of nutrients.
- Steamed green beans – Classic and light.
- Brussel sprouts – Prep the sprouts by halving them and allowing them to roast in the oven.
Root vegetables take longer to cook than green veggies, but they taste great with orange chicken. Options include:
- Glazed Carrots – Reduce the naturally sweet taste of carrots with a glaze made of butter, honey, and brown sugar.
- Mashed Sweet Potatoes – As a comfort food favorite, sweet potatoes are the perfect option for savory orange chicken dishes.
- Mashed Parsnips – Parsnips are earthy-tasting vegetables, and their flavor gets much sweeter when mashed.
Fresh vegetables are a great way to top your orange chicken dishes. Try:
- Sliced Bell Peppers – Easy and colorful. Great for adding a little extra crunch!
- Sliced Cucumbers – Sweet and light.
- Cherry Tomatoes – Packed with flavor and nutrients, cherry tomatoes can be diced and sprinkled on top of the orange chicken to add a fresh kick.
Whatever your choice of vegetable, you’re sure to find that it goes great with orange chicken!