Using Vegetable Oil to Kill Lices
Lices are small parasites that feed on the blood of mammals by attaching to their scalps. While they aren’t dangerous, they can cause itching, sores, and embarrassment when you find yourself scratching your head in public. Thankfully, you don’t need to buy an expensive lice-killing product in order to get rid of them. In fact, many people have reported good results using vegetable oil.
Benefits of Using Vegetable Oil to Kill Lices
- Easy availability: You can easily find vegetable oil in your local store.
- No need for harsh chemicals: Your hair will not be exposed to toxic chemicals and other pollutants.
- Low cost: Vegetable oil is cheap and does not break your pocket.
- Safe for children: It is probably the safest option for children.
How to Use Vegetable Oil to Kill the Lices
Here’s a simple method to use vegetable oil to get rid of lices:
- Generously apply vegetable oil to the entire scalp and hair.
- Cover your head with a shower cap for about 45 minutes.
- Then use a wide-toothed comb to get rid of the dead and dying lices.
- Wash your hair with a gentle and cleansing shampoo to remove the oil from your head.
- Finally, use a nit comb to remove any eggs and remaining lices.
NOTE: Make sure to use a fresh bottle of vegetable oi1l each time and discard the used oil to avoid reinfection.